Tool Maker Machinist
1st Shift Hours: 7:00AM to 3:30PM
2nd Shift Hours: 3:00PM to 11:30PM
3rd Shift Hours: 11:00PM to 7:30AM
Basic Functions: Under general supervision, repairs and maintains all jigs and fixtures used in the day to day operation of the manufacturing facility. Provide support to the manufacturing function by repairing and maintaining fixtures and jigs to ensure minimal downtime and produce quality product.
- Maintain and troubleshoot tooling issues with respect to jigs, fixtures and assembly.
- Repair, replace and maintain all jigs and fixtures utilized in the daily operation of the manufacturing facility.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of any, and all, equipment utilized in the jigs, fixtures and assembly process. This includes assembly fixtures and supporting manufacturing engineering with automatic assembly machines.
- Responsible for utilizing basic tool room equipment such as mills, lathes, grinders and hand tools.
- Communicates with other department personnel as necessary to coordinate and ensure minimal downtime.
- CNC Programming as needed
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor
- CNC Machining Set-up
- CNC Programming
- CNC Fixture Design & Building
- Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing of drawings
- Ability to read and operate precision measuring instruments
- Ability to operate Tool Room equipment (i.e. mills, lathes, grinders, welder, lift hoist, etc.)
- Understanding of shop math and trigonometry to set up machinery and check accuracy of work
- Be able to change over tooling to produce different parts
- Track and order tooling store room perishables so that efficiency can be maintained
- Maintain a spare parts inventory to reduce potential down time
- Offer ideas for improvement of all systems and help implement them
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- $20 to $24/hr or based on experience
- Relocation is negotiable
Job Type: Full-time
- Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Toolmaker: 5 years